With a history dating back to 1865 when Simpson House first opened her doors, Simpson Gardens is founded on a tradition of warmth, friendliness, individual pride and integrity. In 1999, The Garden Church, a United Methodist Community and owner of the real estate on which Simpson Gardens is constructed, sought to identify a use for the property that would meet a “ministry” need in the community. After extensive engagement of local residents in focus groups, the church leaders determined that retirement living options were much needed and entered into an agreement with Simpson Senior Services to develop the 44 unit, 4 story retirement living apartments.
The exterior of the building is built in the Arts & Crafts style and the location allows residents to be within walking distance of nearby shops, public transportation and the many beautiful neighborhoods throughout the borough. It meets the needs of seniors who desire to live in community while remaining in Lansdowne. The residents are offered the support of a caring and active community and are linked to the full care services of Simpson House.